Based in Rotterdam, Netherlands
29 August, 2013
Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task? Now available on iOS! Android and Windows Phone versions are to follow soon.
Terraria is the critically-acclaimed indie sandbox adventure by Re-logic that was released in May 2011 on Steam. In 2012, 505 Games, the publisher that acquired the publishing rights of Terraria, asked Codeglue to develop the iOS, Android and Windows Phone versions of the game. On August 29, 2013 we released the iOS version, with updates and Android and Windows Phone 8 versions to follow soon.
- The controls have been completely redesigned for the Multi-Touch environment on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and every aspect of the game has been tweaked and balanced to give players the perfect Terraria experience on the go.
- 200+ crafting recipes : weapons, armour, potions, and more!
- 25+ block types to build anything you can imagine!
- 75 twisted foes, magical creatures, and villainous bosses
- Over a dozen environments to explore!
- Dynamic water and lava, day/night cycles!
- 10+ NPCs to meet and recruit to your home!
- Apple Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
- Facebook integration so you can share screenshots of your adventures and creations.
- The game is fully optimized for the stunning Retina display on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iOS Demo (148Apps) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Pocket Gamer Readers Game of the week" Terraria, iOS, 2013
- "iPhone 5 performance is spectacular, controls are spot on, and I did the tutorial and it is amazing so far!"
- darnoc703, TouchArcade forums
- "My first impressions for Terraria running on iPad 3rd Gen. It's slick. Super slick. I am surprised at how well the touch controls translated! I like being able to pinch zoom to build with detail."
- explosivelimes, TouchArcade forums
- "The game plays pretty slick and looks amazing. Still getting used to the controls, but I prefer them over the original junk jack's. I've put a lot of hours on terraria on PC and easily recommend it over junk jack. The original lost my interest. If you are sitting on the fence, get terraria."
- Rejera, TouchArcade forums
- "I'm finding myself falling in love with Terraria all over again. Just digging deep into the underrealms, finding hidden chests with awesome loot, and getting plain lost is astoundingly fun."
- ChocoVanilla, TouchArcade forums
- "Controls on Terraria IOS are perfect!"
- ChippyGaming, Reddit
- "The system they have for digging brought a small tear of joy to my eye, its beautiful."
- MentalNinjas, Reddit
- "God damn this game is good :)"
- joeyhammer1, Reddit
- "Terraria on the iPhone? Toilet breaks are going to extend to unnaturally long times"
- @ClickRex, Twitter
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Codeglue is a game development studio based in the urban city center of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Founded in 2000 by two University friends, Codeglue nowadays develops games for PC and for the latest generation of consoles. Our games feel great to play, have a note-worthy art style and have an innovative design angle. We love to work together with other fellow game developers and we're always tinkering with the latest innovations whether it's virtual reality, augmented reality or blockchain technology.
More information on Codeglue, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Peter de Jong
Ricardo Fischer (505 Games)
David Welch (505 Games)
Andrew Spinks (Re-logic)
Original game design